Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Mallard Ducks And Plaid Curtains

I was sitting on the floor of my bathroom giving myself a quick pedi the other day. I looked up towards my bedroom and saw this.

I swear I could hear my bedroom screaming for a makeover. The only things I love in this room are my nightstands and my lamps, that's it! Everything else would go if I had that choice. But when I looked up I was surprised to find myself  loving the way the natural light made everything look in there... including the paint color on the walls. The same paint color I've been hating from the moment we moved in almost a year ago.

I always thought that all that was needed to complete the pairing of this paint color and our existing furniture would be a couple of  mallard ducks and some plaid curtains. But when I saw how the room looked that day I felt like it would be a nice challenge to try and work with what we had.

First step was to go on Pinterest and check out what inspiration I could find on there. I didn't find much. But this image has stuck with me.

I love the black and white bedding and the bits of gold scattered in the room. I think the white curtains are a good idea cause it allows the light to perfectly stream in to the room. Here are some other images.
 Not a bedroom but here are the white curtains and the gold again.


I love this wall of mirrors... maybe over our existing dresser?

SOOOO... I've been working on this for the last two days and I've already found some things that I hope to be sharing with you soon. Who knows, maybe I'll start a new trend with the dark green.... ;)



PS I know I've been gone a long time and that virtually no one will read this but these bursts of inspiration always get me wanting to come back on here... I love blogging, I write posts in my head but they never make it on here... I've thought of shutting the whole thing down completely but I'm not ready to do that either. I'm on here right now and I guess it's all that matters at the moment.

6 comments:

  1. Would love to see the finished project. Please NEVER shut this down even if you don't post that often. I love reading your inspirations, ideas and passions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So awesome! I can't wat to see your inspiration flow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm still not convinced that you can make this wall color work but if there is anyone that can, its you.

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your Blog, please continue writing!
    I'm sure the bedroom its going to look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your design taste and writing style, keep it up!

    ReplyDelete